Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Two Weeks of July-Making Progress

Hi there, I am trying to be better about blogging our rides so I am multitasking (hopefully my colleagues won't notice that I am blogging while sitting through our Tuesday meeting :)

We definitely have logged more miles for the first two weeks of July compared to June and we are improving but it has been slow. Both Joyce and I were a bit discouraged with Sunday July 15's ride. We were tired and sore from the day before and struggled with the climbs. We both had to walk up part of a steep hill, but we did it!!!!! Here is a table of our rides so far this month.



As we increase our miles and have come into the heat of the summer I am beginning to appreciate the early morning rides. I think both Joyce and I got a little over heated on July Fourth after starting our ride at 9 AM. It was almost 100 degrees out by the end of our ride. The next ride (July 7) we motivated a bit earlier and it was much more pleasant, AND WE RODE THE MOST MILES EVER IN ONE RIDE----50 MILES!!!!! See, we are making progress.



Hopefully Joyce will blog soon because she has some pictures from several of our rides. One of my nieces complained that our blog was boring so I am going to throw in a few pictures even though they have nothing to do with our ride!





No comments: