Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wow! It's been almost 3 weeks since my 1st post!

Well, as you can tell from the title, I'm not as diligent as posting as my fellow cyclists are. I have great intentions and tell them I'm going to do it, but then something always comes up (ie. like email). I'm making a commitment to post at least once a week, probably on Sunday, about my previous week of riding...

So, last week I got in a total of 113 miles over 5 days. I was pretty excited to get in 5 days of riding since I was in Toronto to see my brother graduate with his doctorate in Theology (that's a story for another blog).

My long ride on Saturday was 38 miles down in the South Bay (Almaden Valley to Morgan Hill). I went from my house to Uvas Dam and made a large loop back to Chesbro Dam and then past Calero Reservoir. Time-wise it was 2hr 38mins with an average of 14.3mph. I don't an altimeter like Dr. Gadget (hi Mel), but there is a website called MapMyRide, that I will go and checkout. There were a couple of long climbs (not like Old La Honda), but good enough. On the way out, I was feeling good and riding with a group I met. In fact, I was feeling too good and went out too fast (about 1:10) ... On the way back, I did not feel too bad, but the wind... Oh the wind... Let's say it took me a while to get back and to keep mentally motivated to finish! But I did it..

It is a beautiful area down in the back hills of South San Jose and Morgan Hill.... One lane road with cyclists going both ways all day long... Very nice... I do it again!

Well, until next week... keep cycling!

No comments: